How to Invest for Financial Independence?
One way of looking at available resources is through your desired level of involvement with your portfolio:
- Just starting out? It can all get a bit overwhelming, but in just a couple of days, digest essential information for beginners, fill out a risk questionnaire and invest through a one-stop solution.
- Intermediate Investors – Be in driver’s seat. It will take a week to review guides or my checklist and come with benefit of higher long term returns through reduced fees and taxes.
- Advanced Investors – benefit from all insights to optimize portfolios and express some of your views.
BROWSE ALL RESOURCES
You won’t find on this website any commentary that is not relevant to long term portfolio performance and most of the Financial News is noise that won’t help you reach Financial Independence.
Worse, it distracts you and consumes your most precious resource – Time!
If you are looking for a particular Guide I have listed the most popular ones below:
- Growing Your Portfolio is about how to increase returns – Equity ETFs, International Diversification, model Portfolios for Short or Long Term
- Protecting Your Portfolio is about how to benefit from market crashes, choosing Bond ETFs, whether you should buy Gold or hedge your ETFs’ Currencies
Good Luck and keep’em* rolling !
(* Wheels & Dividends)
My fundamental reviews of Equity ETFs and Asset Allocation include:
- Investor Checklist - Ready to Invest? Have a look at the checklist before buying ETFs
- How to build a Long Term Portfolio for Financial Independence - Guide to creating a Smart & Simple Long Term Portfolios with ETFs
- Vanguard LifeStrategy - Fan of Vanguard? Have a look at their Lifestrategy Funds Range
- The best UCITS ETFs - A curated list of best ETFs for European Investors
- The Simplest Equity Portfolio - Comparison of Best Total World Equity Index Trackers
- How to Invest for Short Term goals? - Medium Term Investing is more risky than long term portfolio - pay attention to the right asset classes
- All you need to know about International ETFs - including Developed vs Emerging Markets, Small vs Mid/Large Caps and country allocations with List of Best ETFs
My fundamental reviews include:
- Spectacular Market Crashes - how much can you lose? How long will it take to recover? How to take advantage of the next recession
- What if my Broker goes Bust? How to choose a Broker that is safe
- What is the best rebalancing method? How to increase returns and reduce risk by rebalancing your portfolio
- What about currency risk? - In which currency should I buy my ETFs?
- Should I hedge my Portfolio? - Hedge or not to hedge? Guide to hedging currency risk in your Equity and Bond ETFs
- Should you buy Gold? - Is it necessary to have an asset that generates no yield? What really drives Gold price?
- International and European Bond ETFS - For Long Term International Investors Bonds are key to protect their Equity Portfolios
- US Bond ETF Guide - Comprehensive Review of Blend Bond Funds, Treasuries, Corporates, High Yield, Inflation Linked, Muni ETFs