Bankeronwheels.com (“BOW”) is quickly establishing itself as a leading Investing and Personal Finance website for Global Investors that invest through European and UK Investment platforms and products.
This website aims to offer a mix of comprehensive and accessible Investing Guides and Lifestyle Insights for Do-It-Yourself Investors.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Our mission is to empower all types of investors by creating intuitive guides that can be trusted, in an industry where intellectual honesty is rare.
- While some of our readers are amongst the smartest, our goal is to follow wise investing which allows benefitting from stock market returns without significant knowledge, so that you can spend time on activities that matter more in life.
- We base our research on empirical evidence and strategies that, in the long run, tend to outperform most investors, including simple index investing or factors researched by Nobel Laureates.
- We have been featured and referred to by the Financial Times, Dow Jones’ Factiva, Ritholz Wealth Management, foundations that promote Financial Literacy and the most prominent Personal Finance websites.
- We have a separate page dedicated to our team.
Here is the full analysis
Bankeronwheels.com’s mission is simple. Our vision is to make a small bike the symbol of resources investors can trust in an industry where intellectual honesty is rare.
WhY IS BankeronWheels.com DIFFERENT?
WE ARE WISE MONEY.
Given our focus on evidence-based investing, our readers tend to be some of the most educated. But Bankeronwheels.com is not about making you the smartest investor. Because markets often punish clever investors, and reward patient ones, we emphasise wise investing.
In the long run, wise investing outperforms smart investing.
We Aim For the highest Quality and rigour.
Our research is backed by decades of brain power, including:
- Academic literature from Nobel Prize laureates and Finance’s all-star team.
- Our professional experience as Bankers and Investors.
- Investment Research from Wall Street and Main Street.
We bring this knowledge in an accessible way. However, we make no compromise on quality and assess available products by using our Wall Street experience and rigour.
We Focus On Aspects No One Talks About.
Most investment websites focus on returns. We start with risks, including how to protect your life savings. Throughout Raph’s 15-year investment career, he witnessed many complex investment strategies going wrong. He started as an ABS analyst cleaning up Bank balance sheets from toxic products that caused the 2008 crisis and looked at investments impacted by the European Sovereign Debt Crisis in 2011.
As Warren Buffett observed, “In investments, you have first to survive in order to succeed. People somehow miss this basic idea completely”.
Market exposure risk is something every investor needs to stomach. But investors can mitigate other risks. For example:
- We show how to reduce the risks of selling too early by investing in the right asset mix.
- Why stay away from the loser’s game, which Wall Street wants you to play.
- How to protect your portfolio from inflation or currency risk.
- Or how to select a safe stockbroker.
Nassim Nicholas Taleb, The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES?
1. We believe in Accessible financial Education.
2. We Aim to Empower Individuals To become Autonomous Investors No Matter Their Background.
We want to inspire critical thinking, given the financial industry’s tendency to make false promises. We also believe most investors are better off without typical financial advisors that overcharge and invest in the wrong products. We have created three characters depending on your goals : The Golden Retriever (Investing that doesn’t require knowledge), The Cyclist (to create a customized portfolio) and The Banker (Factor Investing).
3. We like Simple, cheap and intellectually honest Investing.
It may sound counterintuitive, but you can construct a robust portfolio and reap benefits from investing without much technical knowledge. It’s the first misconception in investing. Since most of our readers seek passive income and try to gain control of their time, we focus on simple investing, that you can set on autopilot.
4. Our B.S. detector is pretty well-tuned. No compromise on quality.
Given our combined multi-decade experience in Portfolio and Risk Management, we can sense false promises and unsound strategies. We rely only on the most credible sources and write about time-tested strategies. We also set up an Investment Research Review Panel to ensure the highest quality resources.
5. Above all, We Value your Time.
We choose wisely the topics we cover. We focus on things that are in your control, e.g. asset allocation, optimizing ETF selection, lowering fees or taxes. Aspects that are guaranteed to make a difference. It will lower your stress levels, give you more optionality, and help you live your best life. We know that most market news is noise, that distracts and has no impact on your investment returns. But it makes you lose your most precious resource. Time.
6. The Financial Industry Wants you to be Confused. We Aim for Transparency.
Since its recent launch, Bankeronwheels.com has been featured and referred to, on numerous occasions, in:
- The Financial Press including The Financial Times and Dow Jones’ Factiva.
- Leading Wealth Management Industry websites including Ritholz Wealth Management, Ben Carlson’s A Wealth of Common Sense or Abnormal Returns.
- Non-profit Foundations that enhance financial literacy, education, and empowerment including the Plutus Foundation.
- Investing Magazines and Portals including The Motley Fool or DIY Investor Magazine.
- Most Influential Personal Finance Platforms including Apex Money, Detailed.com, WealthTender.com, Physician on Fire, Camp Fire Finance, Fire Hub EU, Personal Finance Blogs , Sovereign Quest or Monevator.
What else should YOU know?
Remember that the information provided on Bankeronwheels.com is general in nature only and does not constitute personal financial advice. We have compiled these resources without taking into account your personal objectives, circumstances, financial situation or needs. Therefore, before acting on any information contained on this website you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs, and seek professional advice where appropriate. You can read the full Terms and Conditions.
Happy Investing and keep them* rolling !
(* Wheels & Dividends)